Spotted Tabby Cat Colors
The tabby family has four different types of coat patterns, the classic, the mackerel, the ticked and the spotted, which we will take a closer look at today. Each coat pattern comes in a brilliant array of colors and dilutions.
Spotted Tabby Cat
Spotted Tabbies have small spots that form a pattern, instead of the characteristic lines of the classic & Mackerel patterns. Spotted patterns are found naturally on most wild cats & are often found on more exotic domestic breeds.
All four of the tabby patterns share several characteristics that distinguish tabbies from other patterns.
- Dark colored M on the forehead between the eyes
- Eyelid skin is dark & surrounded by light colored fur, creating a dramatic eyeliner effect
- Dark line running from outer corner of eye towards cheek
- Chin is light colored fur
- Roots of whiskers are dark
- Dark along back of hind legs and tip of tail
- Darkest color in pattern on bottom of feet & between toes
Spotted Tabby Colors
There is also a cream spotted tabby color, however we were unable to find an image. If anyone has one they’d like to share, we’ll give you full credit (& a link back) in return for its use.